6 Eggs ( I used fresh, off-the-farm family eggs!)
1/4 Tomato, Chopped
3-4 Bell Pepper Strips, finely chopped
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1-2 tsp Salt & Pepper
Crack eggs into a large liquid measuring cup (use one that holds at least 2 cups). Fill measuring cup up with water until it reaches exactly 2 cups. Add Salt & Pepper. Mix well. Pour egg mixture into muffin tin, filling each muffin cup up 3/4 of the way. Evenly distribute tomato and bell peppers into each cup. Add 1-2 spinach leaves into each and then top with as much cheese as you'd like. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until the egg has fully risen. Take out and eat, or let cool and refrigerate or freeze for later!
Makes 12 muffins
!Sweet N' Spicy PeppTater Boat!
Looking for a meal that warms you on a cold, spring day? As Storm Evelyn rolled through this past weekend, I did just that for my man and I. Enjoy with a glass of red wine and you'll be surprised on how this little dish can leave you full and satisfied for hours!
1 red, green, or yellow bell pepper, halved and unseeded
1 whole sweet potato
1 white onion, sliced
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Dash of Garlic Salt, Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper
1. Add an inch of water and 1 TBSP of olive oil to the bottom of the crock pot
2. After washing sweet potato and piercing it several times with a sharp knife, place it in the crock pot. Leave on medium heat for 6-7 hours, or high heat for 4-5 hours.
3. After placing sweet potato in crock pot, line baking sheet with tin foil.
4. Grab each half of the bell pepper and drizzle each with olive oil. Add spices and refrigerate on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
5. Head out for the day!
6. Upon arrival home, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place bell pepper halves into oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes (or until you see some wrinkles start to form in the pepper).
7. Cut open and scoop out the sweet potato into a serving dish. Mash up.
8. Scoop half the mashed sweet potato out of the bowl and add it to each bell pepper boat.
9. The onion should still be in the crock pot at this time, half the onion batch with a spatula and add to the top of the mashed potatoes.
8. EAT UP.